Minimum Physical Qualifications:
Weight: 45.36 Kg
Chest: 30″ normal, 32″ extended
Weight: 40.82 Kg
Chest: 28″ normal, 30″ extended
All candidates must have good eyesight (6/6) (with/without spectacles)*.
Note that, you will be selected for “army” even if you are wearing spectacles of -2.5 power (but not above it). Make sure that you take your glasses with you on the day of your Preliminary Viva and Medical checkup.
Preliminary Medical Checkup
Many people can not pass the preli medical checkup simply because they have knock-knee (knees touch each other when someone stands straight keeping their feet in V shape) or flat foot. Some will also get out because they have hernia or piles. If your hands sweat more than normal you will not get a chance to be in BMA (hands will be checked in the Final Medical Checkup after ISSB).
- You can do nothing about piles, flat foot and hernia. If you have these, then I’m sorry to tell you that you are not cut out to be an army officer. Don’t be disheartened.
- If you have knock-knee then try to take a tight pillow between your legs/knees whenever you go to sleep. I’ve “heard” that this helps to increase the gap between two knees.
- If you have sweaty hands then please consult a doctor now. It’s a serious problem for BMA cadets.
- If you are overweight you will not get selected. Please try to control your diet and start working out now. Even if you don’t get selected, remember that health is wealth.
- If you wear spectacles, be sure to “bring them with you”. Otherwise you will not get selected.
- More than half of the applicants can not pass preli medical checkup because they have the mentioned problems. I hope that you will pass this checkup.